I have extensive Human Resources experience spanning 14 years, which began in Consultant Support and HR Coordination roles, moving to a sole-charge HR Adviser role and solidifying my experience as an HR Advisor for three-and-a-half years. I shifted back to Nelson (after growing up here) in November 2015 with my Husband and little boy. We now have another little boy and are loving Nelson life!
In February 2016 I started my own HR Consultancy – Proactive People Performance with the main aim of decoding HR for NZ small businesses.
It’s imperative that my business is a unique, innovative, and proactive Human Resources Consultancy offering effective and tailored people-solutions for small businesses in particular. My focus is on positively guiding and supporting small business owners with their human resource requirements and queries, enabling them to proactively manage their people with respect. I pride myself on being practical, positive, upbeat, approachable and proactive – an all-round small business human resources expert.
I love working alongside managers, guiding and coaching them to help build their capability and show them how best to manage their people. I believe one of my biggest strengths is the ability to be particularly down-to-earth and approachable, enabling me to build and maintain rock-solid, high-trust and respectful relationships with clients.
* Click the button to send an offerSend Offer
Provision of HR support, advice & guidance for small and medium-sized businesses around:
o Disciplinary matters & processes
o Remuneration & reward
o Change management
o Health & Safety policies & guides
o Policies & procedures
o Performance appraisal systems
o Recruitment & selection - interview guides, tips & tricks, CV & cover letter reviews & rewrites, induction & orientation guides & processes
o Management coaching, identifying & planning staff training.
Running an HR Payroll service for SMEs.
• Met individually with career coaching participants to determine skill level, industry experience and training needs
• Coached and guided participants through assessments and create individualized career plans
• Assisted with developing CVs and cover letters, identify opportunities for employment and assist with the application and interview processes
• Helped participants identify personal interests, career and life goals
• Assisted participants in planning strategic career moves
• Coached and guided participants who desired to make a career change
• Administered aptitude tests to help determine clients’ interests and talents
• Assisted participants with job search skills, making contact with prospective employers and completing job applications
• Coached participants on how to strengthen their weaknesses
• Helped participants conquer habits that prevent job advancement.