Words are my jam
Words are what I do. I live them and breathe them. I mould them and shape them and put them together to create beautiful content.
Hi! I’m Rosa Watson a bright and creative wordsmith ready to lend my skills to your business.
I’m a qualified journalist with over 15 years of experience in print journalism, and have expanded my skillset into copywriting for websites, social media, e-marketing and marketing material. I can also help take your social media presence to the next level.
I am an expert in understanding your business, merging that with customer wants and needs, and crafting stories that will increase conversion, create meaningful interactions and help you grow your audience.
Specifically, I have a lot of experience in
* Crafting meaningful brand stories
* Social media content creation
* Creating blogging content, with original angles to help you stand out from the crowd
* Helping you put into words who you are, what you stand for, to draw customers in
* Creating newsworthy pitches, to help get PR and momentum with the press
Key projects and achievements
* Project managed the launch of a website for a boutique smoked salmon company, responsible for all content creation and project management the design & build phases
* Successful freelance journalist, pitching multiple ideas to national and local newspapers and magazines highlighting local businesses and events
* Social media management; successful managed multiple social media accounts for various businesses, resulting in audience growth and high levels of engagement
* Click the button to send an offerSend Offer
I produced eye-catching, informative and interesting articles from around the city and wider region, covering a wide range of areas from crime to local government to the arts
I was content curator for the weekly youth page Attitude where I sought out stories, captured images and provided platform for the voice of the youth in the community.
I built strong connections with contacts and was trusted by movers and shakers in the community
Digital marketing manager and executive assistant
I oversaw the development a vibrant and engaging new website and launching a social media presence for the company's New Zealand brand, Prime Smoke.
I did this by:
* Creating stories about the brand, specifically the family story behind it.
*Running competitions on social platforms.
* Running regular Facebook ads to grow the audience
* Liaising with website designers and photographers
* Implementing social media planning and strategies
* Providing regular blog posts and e-newsletters for the company
My strengths are in public engagement and building relationships. I have developed strong communications skills in my previous rolls as a journalist were put to good use at Prime.
I also acted in a support role to the managing director and general manager, learning the many facets of running the company.
Bachelor of Arts
Here I studied my passion - music. I was able to delve deep into musicology and also broaden my knowledge through other papers such as American studies, history, and art theory.
While at UCan, I volunteered for the students association magazine, writing articles that led me on to further study in journalism.
National Diploma in Journalism
Here I completed an intense, year-long diploma in print journalism that set me up for a career in writing.