Sometimes, hiring an engaged local freelancer is the most efficient way to get your job done as a business. It can be an excellent way to get quality work done without an ongoing commitment to an employee.
Needed saw demand for that service in New Zealand and created the platform just for that. But now that the option is available, how do you get started on Needed as a Buyer? What is the best way to find the right person or agency for the job?
We outline 3 easy steps to get you on the road to success as a Buyer on Needed. Just set up your Buyer Profile (It’s free!) and we’ll help you secure the perfect freelancer for your business.
1. It all starts with good communication
As with any project, a favourable outcome starts with a good description of the result you have in mind. Think of it as a map that outlines your strategy. The better you describe your ideas and thoughts, the better a freelancer will know how to meet your expectations. It’s all about communication and making sure you and the freelancer are on the same page.
So what should you include in your creative brief when approaching a professional freelancer for a job?
- Briefly describe your company. This can be as easy as a link to your website, as long as it is accurate and up to date.
- Outline the project, including the topic and the length.
- Define the target audience for your project.
- Include guidelines about the company brand: The style, the tone, the colours, the message, etc.
- Identify your competition. Who are your competitors, and what makes your company stand out from the competition
- Provide some project examples you like.
- Explain your deliverables and project outcomes.
- Pinpoint any significant milestones.
- List the stakeholders that need to be involved in the project.
- Specify the budget.
2. Be the buyer who attracts the perfect freelancer
Once you have specified what it is you want a freelancer to do, it’s time to choose the right one. Finding the right talent can be done in a few ways.
- Start brainstorming about what would make a perfect fit. What skills and credentials do you require? How much are you prepared to spend? When is the project due?
- You may find exactly what you’re looking for while browsing the Services Section. In that case, you can hire straight away. If some customisation is required, reach out to the seller to discuss what you need. No strings attached.
- The filter system helps you refine the options to match your needs. It’s straightforward to browse by keyword, specialisation, skills, location, hourly rates, and language. Check ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Alternatively, posting your own job puts you in the driver’s seat. Just like in a job ad, you’re selling the job to the right person. It’s always a good idea to pick up some inspiration from other job posts. You don’t need to copy, but it will trigger ideas. What is it you like? What works, and what doesn’t?
- Create a standout but precise job title. Include specific objectives and specifications for deliverables.
3. Now post your job on Needed
And there you have it. With an excellent creative brief and job description in place, all there is left to do is post the job and let talent send in their proposals.
The Needed platform is designed for easy communication and secure file sharing. Use the live messaging system to collaborate with the team from your desk or on the go throughout the project. Only when you’re 100% satisfied is it time to sign off on the project.